(Please call ahead to make sure someone is available in the Reading Room to help you)
The Riverside Reading Room is located in our Sunday School Annex building,
on Sixth Street, next door to our church.
Our Reading Room is a peaceful sanctuary open to all members of the community who are seeking spiritual growth through prayer and study.
Please feel free to come in and explore our many resources including the Weekly Bible Lesson, the historical bound volumes of Christian Science publications, and an extensive Lending Library. Many Christian Science, spirituality-related online resources can be explored using the Reading Room computer. (Please see "Related Links" on this website.) A librarian or attendant is available to answer any questions and help you with your use of the Reading Room.
What is a Reading Room?
A Reading Room is a community resource center and bookstore that provides numerous means for one’s spiritual discovery, health, and personal growth. It offers a quiet place to study and learn about your relationship with God. Here you can read, borrow, or purchase the Bible, concordances, and reference materials as well as various publications from the Christian Science Publishing Society. Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy is also available for study or purchase. Science and Health is the textbook of Christian Science and offers spiritual insight into the Bible. Together the books Science and Health and the Bible provide the inspirational text to raise one’s understanding of biblical principles and to provide the opportunity to demonstrate Christ’s healing effect, here and now, in daily living.
You will also find the following:
• The Christian Science Monitor, an international weekly newspaper, is consistently ranked by professional journalists as one of the top ten newspapers in the world. The Monitor has won numerous Pulitzer prizes since its inception in 1908.
• The Christian Science Bible Lesson, the full-text study edition of the Weekly Bible Lesson; the same lesson read in all Christian Science churches on Sundays. The Christian Science Quarterly, a booklet containing four months of citations of the Weekly Bible Lesson.
• The Christian Science Sentinel, a weekly publication of spiritual articles on current topics. Many testimonies of spiritual healing are also included.
• The Christian Science Journal, a monthly publication of spiritual topics and inspirational editorials. A listing of all Christian Science churches and practitioners is also included.
• The Herald of Christian Science, a foreign language publication of current spiritual articles and testimonies of healing.
• And many more products including: biographies of Mary Baker Eddy, audio CDs, children’s materials, Spanish language publications, specific pamphlets and brochures, and numerous books by a variety of authors about Christian Science.
All Christian Science Reading Rooms are staffed with librarians and attendants who will be happy to show you the resources available and answer any questions that you might have about Christian Science.